Boost your SEO by using Schema Markup with tips
Boost your SEO by using schema markup with tips
In this today’s competitive world, search engines have become an inseparable part of a person’s web experience. Search engines serve as one of the most easily accessible hubs for people, or you can say the customers or clients who want to know more about that particular company, about its products and services. However, this has developed a challenging environment for all the search engine operators to meet the user’s demand. boost your SEO by using schema markup.
For this, they need to update and discover their functionality and methodologies quickly as well smartly. In this modern world, Schema has recently emerged as a milestone service for search engines which is doing a great job by providing the internet users with detailed and optimized search results.
Based on the customer experience, Schema markup employs a variety of smart data collection, and use different optimization techniques to offer the viewers exact, precise and structured information. Besides all this, it helps all the search engines to organize their data effectively so that they can solve the issues quickly when arises during the web search.
What is Schema Markup?
Schema markup is just a form of microdata. When you add this on a webpage, it builds an effective and enhanced description that generally appears in the search engine’s result pages. All the major search engines like Yandex, Bing, Yahoo, and Google in 2011 collaborated to develop Schema Markup through Schema.org. This is some very important for Hummingbird and RankBrain. This can provide context to an otherwise ambiguous webpage.
Schema, also known as structured data markup will make your website’s intent and purpose clear for all the search engines. It is a semantic vocabulary applied to the website which enables all the search engines to understand that website in a better way, and that boosts the SERP ranking of the website. Now search engines are constantly looking for effective ways to crawl to websites faster. Using schema markup, you can prepare for anything that search engines may come up with in future.
Why is it important?
How it Works?
Google, the leading search engine in today’s web industry has already enforced Schema to its service provision. Whit this, Google has opened the doors to more than hundreds of markups. This increased diversity has helped the search engine giant to become more comprehensive and accurate. Google has always tried to create its snippets into useful formats.
The schema has helped a lot in this. It has enabled the customers or internet users to enjoy a well-structured piece of the search result. Besides, this has helped them to choose their requirement in an appropriate manner. Schema employs a single use of data form called as microdata to all of the search results that appear in Google and other search engines.
It makes the results more consistent and compatible. The microdata ensures that the search results are sufficiently extensive and not complicated. Therefore, the customers get satisfied search results. But the thing is that there is no such evidence which shows the microdata has a direct link with the website’s organic search rankings.
There can be some correlation with other SEO techniques. Nevertheless, rich snippets do help the website or webpage to appear prominently in SERP. This improved visibility of the click-through rates. As per a recent study, around one-third of search results that appear on search engines include Schema markup snippet.
The schema markup is generally used for local business, TVs shows, movies, articles, restaurants, book reviews, events, products, software application and more. If your website has any type of data, there is a chance that it will have an associated item scope. Websites that use schema markup can get ranked better in the SERPs. However, there are still millions of websites or web-pages that are missing out an effective way of SEO possibilities. If you are using schema markup, you will be able to stay ahead of your competitors.
Also Read: Best Working SEO Techniques in 2018
How to use it on your website?
1. First, you need to visit the Structured Data Markup Helper of Google
2. Choose your data that you want to markup Here you will get a lot of options. For example, you can choose Article option as it is very popular.
3. Pasting the URL of the article that wants to markup, If all you have the HTML, you can add it instead of going for the Uniform Resource Locator. After that, just click on Start Tagging. You will get to see two panels. The left one will show you the page and the right panel will display the data.
4. Highlight the element to be marked up, As you are doing this for the article, here you need to markup the Name of the article. Once you selected it, the program will add Data Items.
5. Continue with adding all the required markup item, Keep selecting the other elements of your text to be marked up. Well, you may not be able to markup all the item, but try as much as possible.
6. HTML creation, After all that you need to create the HTML. For this click on Create HTML option. There you will see the website’s HTML coding with all the micro-data.
7. It’s time to add Schema markup to the page, Go back to the CMS source code and start adding the snippets in the required places. You can easily find them using the yellow dots located on the scrollbar. When done click on finish and then next steps option will appear.
8. Use Google’s Structured Data Testing Tool to test what your page will look like after adding the schema markup
This lets you validate the markup and check for any errors.
Most of the business and websites have started taking advantages of Schema markup. As one of the best SEO innovations, it will be there for a long period. So, learn and employ the micro-data to enhance the search results and boost your SEO by using schema markup.
Naveen Jasrotia is an SEO Analyst with 3+ years of immense experience under his belt. He is currently associated with SEO Discovery, Best SEO Company In India. He also has many credits in his name for uplifting many buried sites and taking those to the new heights of search engine ranking. Naveen believes that it’s his passion to come up with new techniques that makes him such confidence.