E-Commerce Web Design Trends 2020 That You Must Know – Infographics
Are you looking for e-commerce success? The role of e-commerce design is undeniably high. The present Infographics on e-commerce design highlights several facets of eCommerce Web Design Trends 2020.
Here is the eCommerce Design infographic created by Magneto IT Solutions
Why Design Matters?
We are living in an advanced Internet era where Internet access is possible with multiple routes for varying kinds of devices including mobiles. It has made e-commerce thriving, growing, and flourishing.
The success of e-commerce depends on several attributes and design of e-commerce storefront is one of the promising factors. However, do you know how the design of e-commerce is influencing its success in the market?
To find the exact facts, we have to rely on recent surveys on various e-commerce portals. Let’s see what works and what not.
- Nearly, 66% of e-commerce visitors leave the site when they found the delay of 10 seconds in site loading. It means site performance and loading matters.
- Similarly, visitors avoid visiting sites, which have an unattractive design. It means alluring design tempts more visitors on e-commerce.
- 68% of e-commerce visitors come from mobile devices, so it is mandatory to adopt mobile-friendly design approaches. 91% e-commerce visitors come from mobile devices are also using large computing devices. Thus, they expect a responsive web design approach that works for all sizes of screens and devices.
- When asked for the suggestions to enhance e-commerce conversion, nearly 78% of all participants have placed stress on design styles. The colour combination and text fonts styling have improved the conversion rate of e-commerce by up to 17%.
- Almost 84% of e-commerce consumers have favoured design conventions against odd experiments because they found ease in user experiences when design elements and things are as per prevailing design conventions.
- Must-Have Features for eCommerce Web Design Trends.
Now, the question is how to augment the design of e-commerce so online business can thrive and prosper in the fiercely competitive market. The best way is to offer out-of-box features and functionality in your e-commerce.
Before going to more advanced designs than basics, we must implement the following design conventions and features.
On The Top of the Web Page/Homepage:
- Search box
- Shopping cart, contact number, login, and wish-list icons
- Call to action (CTA) in header/slider
- Key selling points below the header/slider
The Midst of the Web Page/Homepage:
- Featured product
- Recommended products
- Shop by category
- Shop by occasions
- Rating & Reviews
The Bottom of the Web Page/Homepage:
- Textual Content
- Slider for Blogs
- Newsletter sign up
The Footer of the Web Page/Homepage:
- Terms & conditions
- Shipping policy
- Intellectual property rights
- Contact Us
The footer also is the place for a physical address or email address of your online shop. Also, try to include a phone number to enable quick contact. Social media logos facilitated through social sharing and viral marketing.
E-commerce Web Design Trends
We have seen the basic elements like placements of basic and advanced features in e-commerce site design. Apart from these, several other design trends are prevailing in the contemporary market that we cannot ignore at all. Let’s check it.
Statistic and dull UIs hardly lead to high engagement and conversation on e-commerce visitors. Therefore, by using the latest dynamic and conversational UI design technologies and techniques we can woo more visitors and obtain high ROI.
Consistency in e-commerce design eases the conventions and facilitates seamless user experiences, which matters more in e-commerce success. Therefore, unified design at the end helps in enhancements of conversion rate.
If you want to make your e-commerce store unique and outstanding to grab the attention of online visitors immediately, you must infuse experimental design layouts and elements. Search innovative design concepts and implement it, albeit after A/B testing.
Material Design & Gradients:
Today, Material Design concept floated by Google is gaining ground fast in all kinds of e-commerce web development. Material Design has awesome design elements including static and animated as well as with sumptuous design effects like shades/tints of colours, shadows, and gradients.
Material Design has rich libraries that provide everything needed to beautify the e-commerce design without intimidating user experiences at all.
We know a vast audience of e-commerce industry using mobile devices only while rests of favouring multiple screens/devices to accomplish e-commerce buying process. Therefore, e-commerce designers should follow the mobile-first approaches in design and should think of complete mobile-friendly design instead of half-backed responsive design.
Personalized shopping experiences have utmost significance in e-commerce success. Personalization technologies are gaining ground in e-commerce and pave the ways to upcoming technologies including Artificial Intelligence, Internet of Things, Wearable technology, and much more.
Try to leverage these all for coming days and assure your e-commerce success in 2020 and beyond.
It is true that we have seen only some glimpse of eCommerce Web Design Trends and success attributes. The underlying aspects of e-commerce success are only known to highly experienced and expert e-commerce development team consisting of e-commerce designers, developers, and marketers.
Fortunately, Magneto IT solutions have an impeccable team that can help you to design your e-commerce store as per your expectations and prevailing design and development trends in the current market. Of course everything at cost-effective rates.
Ronak Meghani is a co-founder of Magento IT Solution Pvt Ltd, A Leading eCommerce Development Agency in USA and India. He is closely working with e-Commerce ventures since 2009 and he has helped 200+ brands for building/enhancing their online ventures.